Job interviews are commonplace today, but there once was a time when the interview process didn’t even exist. Instead of having to prove their worth in a job interview, people were essentially born into their jobs, and nearly everyone lived and worked in their hometowns.
It took forward-thinking technology like the railroad, telephone, and Internet to revolutionize the process of finding and landing a job. What was once inherited is now earned. What used to be limited is now limitless.
Some major breakthroughs include:
– Advancements in transportation
– The birth of the interview as we know it
– Technology’s incorporation into the interview
– The rise of social and digital media
– The adoption of modern interview technologies such as video interviewing
Spark Hire’s new infographic, The Evolution of Job Interviews, illustrates the journey from no job interviews to the traditional job interview to virtual job interviews. Check out the full infographic below to see the evolution for yourself.
What’s next for job interviews? Share your predictions by commenting below!