Recruiting the best people is no picnic. Companies need top talent in order to survive and thrive in today’s tough economy. We all need a little advice and guidance from time to time, especially when times are tough. We’ve already shared our Top 25 Must Read Blogs for Employers, but the game can be a bit different when you’re a recruiter. That’s why Spark Hire has put together this list of the Top 25 Must Read Blogs for Recruiters. These sites are filled with advice, robust discussions, and even a bit of lighthearted fun.
While the current economic forecast looks gloomy, these sites can chase away the clouds with top-notch tips and guidance. Here are the best blogs, in no particular order, when looking to recruit top-quality candidates:
3. The Recruiter Guy, aka Chris Hoyt, shares quality insights on how to utilize social media to find top talent. Your next great candidate could be only a tweet away!
Congratulate The Recruiter Guy on Twitter
5. The Recruiters Lounge is run by recruiter Jim Stroud, who offers career advice and a platform for recruiters to share knowledge. This is one lounge you will definitely want to visit.
Congratulate The Recruiters Lounge on Twitter
9. Recruiting Blogs is a great place to find a variety of perspectives from a wide-ranging and knowledgeable field of contributors. When looking for a variety of great recruiting content, you couldn’t do much better than Recruiting Blogs.
Congratulate Recruiting Blogs on Twitter
11. The Marketing HeadHunter is the place to go if you’re looking to fill a position in the marketing or social media field. This blog is full of useful information on what to look for and where to find the best candidates for these positions.
Congratulate The Marketing HeadHunter on Twitter
12. The Dean Da Costa Blog is full of relevant and sometimes controversial issues facing recruiters today. The site doesn’t shy away from tackling the issues, making it a must-read.
Congratulate The Dean Da Costa Blog on Twitter
13. Past Five is a great blog for tips, tricks, and advice about everything from career development to recruiting best practices. Just because it’s past 5 pm doesn’t mean you should stop gaining knowledge!
Congratulate Past Five on Twitter
14. Marenated is a blog with a strong voice not afraid to have a little fun. Whether she’s talking about recruiting, technology, or marketing you can be sure the content will be entertaining and informative.
Congratulate Marenate on Twitter
16. Source Con is the blog for you if you’re looking for top-quality news and thought leadership about finding and sourcing great talent. It’s also a great outlet to turn when looking for information on the newest recruiting technologies in the online space.
Congratulate Source Con on Twitter
17. Talent Minded is a great outlet for advice when it comes finding top talent. Best of all, the site has tons of useful information about using emerging technology and social media techniques to help you find and source great candidates.
Congratulate Talent Minded on Twitter
18. Marcom HRsay is a top B2B blog focusing on tips and tricks for enterprise recruiting for small and midsize companies. If you’re looking for great information on business development for businesses of all sizes, Marcom HRsay is the place to go.
Congratulate Marcom HRsay on Twitter
19. Make HR Happen by Tom Bolt looks to rehumanize the human resources and recruiting field by looking critically at how to find the best people. Whether it’s talking about using technology or the importance of paying dues, this blog is a great resource for recruiters.
Congratulate Make HR Happen by Tom Bolt on Twitter
20. Recruiting Trends offers top thought leadership content with knowledgeable contributors weighing in on the major trends in the recruiting field. And it’s not just blogs, the site is also a great place to learn thanks to frequent webinars aimed to help professionals keep their edge.
Congratulate Recruiting Trends on Twitter
21. Lance Haun is the place to go if you want to read entertaining and insightful commentary on the recruiting issues of the day. Haun’s style is straightforward and compulsively readable, which is why you should bookmark this blog immediately.
Congratulate Lance Haun on Twitter
22. Recruiters Wall is the place to visit is you’re looking for straight talk about today’s top recruiting issues. The site has a variety of smart and thought provoking contributors weighing in on what’s happening in the recruiting and hiring space.
Congratulate Recruiters Wall on Twitter
23. Vertical Elevation is a blog centered around hiring the right people to build a better company. The site is full of interesting content and even informative videos to help you find and identify the best candidates.
Congratulate Vertical Elevation on Twitter
24. Impact Hiring Solutions Blog takes on recruiting and managing top candidates in order to get the most out of your hires. The blog is full of thought provoking content and tips on how to hire better and keep those employees as productive workers.
Congratulate Impact Hiring Solutions Blog on Twitter
25. Human Capital Strategy Blog is the place to go when you not only need to recruit , but also improve the way your company handles employees. The content of this blog is centered around finding employees who will fit into your company culture and thrive in your workplace environment.
Congratulate Human Captial Strategy Blog on Twitter
While there are many great blogs for recruiters, these 25 top off our list of “must reads.” They offer valuable information and unique content, have many followers, and promote meaningful discussions.
What do you think? What other blogs are a ‘must read’?
Claim your badge! Copy and paste the snippet of HTML code from the text box below into your blog’s sidebar!
Enjoy this list? Check our list of the best blogs for job seekers!