Finding and recruiting new talent is one of the most crucial priorities for every organization. However, the traditional methods of hiring involve manually going through hundreds of resumes, cover letters, and background verification, as well as scheduling interviews, which can be exceedingly time-consuming and prone to human biases and errors.
In the last decade, automation has emerged as a solution to streamline the hiring process by leveraging the power of technologies like machine learning and AI to manage repetitive tasks, eliminate human biases, and ultimately result in reduced time-to-hire and cost savings. The implementation of recruitment automation has been transforming the way organizations approach talent acquisition.
Organizations with high-volume hiring requirements have complex and ever-changing challenges—manually reaching out to candidates, messy spreadsheets, and unorganized data—making it difficult for hiring managers to tackle everything properly.
Streamlining the end-to-end recruitment process involves integrations with multiple third-party platforms and software solutions. Hiring teams can automate either particular segments of their process or the complete process. Here are a few benefits of automation:
- Increased recruitment productivity
- Enhanced candidate engagement
- Higher quality of hires
- Streamlined candidate data
- Real-time recruitment data analytics
- Less candidate ghosting
- More equitable hiring
- Better recruitment cost-savings
In a candidate-driven job market, one of the recruiters’ highest priorities is to enhance the candidate experience. A positive candidate experience can contribute to creating successful employer branding and better employee perception, while a negative candidate experience creates long-lasting negative impressions, which can cause a bad reputation for the whole organization.
By creating a positive candidate experience, organizations can stand out as an employer of choice and significantly improve the quality and number of hires. Automation can help improve the candidate experience in several ways:
- Shorter Application Process: A lengthy application process becomes too time-consuming for candidates. Up to 80% of candidates drop out of the application process before finishing it. Automation can streamline the application process by removing manual data entry and shortening the time it takes to fill out the application.
- Personalized Communication: By targeting candidates with personalized communication, companies can tailor each piece of communication to make the candidate feel valued and appreciated. Automation facilitates the creation of talent communities and engages with the candidates consistently.
- Faster Response Time: The biggest complaint from most candidates is the delay or lack of communication from the hiring teams. Automation can speed up the response time by creating automated workflows for notifications through text messages, emails, and chatbots.
Talent screening can be challenging particularly for organizations with a high volume of requirements and a huge stack of applicants. Recruitment automation provides complete visibility into the data and enables HR and talent acquisition teams to function more efficiently and consistently.
- Resume Parsing: Automated resume parsing/screening tools significantly reduce the time spent manually going through each candidate profile. These tools convert resumes, CVs, and cover letters into structured data making them highly searchable with keywords and filters like location, skills, education, etc.
- Applicant Tracking: Applicant tracking software gives recruiters access to the entire talent pipeline and sources the best candidates with candidate matching and ranking features. This can speed up the entire recruitment process, quickly sorting through resumes, identifying the most qualified candidates, and eliminating those who do not meet the criteria.
- Assessments and Interview Scheduling: Automated pre-employment testing can assess the candidates’ abilities, skills, and aptitude. Automated interview scheduling makes the job of hiring managers easier without having to go to multiple stakeholders. The automation in testing and scheduling enables recruiters to save significant time.
- Candidate Onboarding: Onboarding is often the first impression of the organization. Paperless onboarding generates automated offer letters, contracts, and other required documents, and automated e-boarding also helps to hire managers to customize the process for each candidate.
The Automation Revolution
Automation has revolutionized the total talent acquisition landscape and enhanced the whole talent screening and candidate experience process. Organizations can attract and retain top talent by streamlining the entire recruitment process. Tools like Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) provide an all-in-one solution, managing tasks from job broadcasting to onboarding candidates.
Automation helps organizations to reduce time-to-fill and candidate drop-off rates. The automated set-up frees up company resources, results in better ROIs, and enables businesses to scale up and improve the entire hiring process.
Featured Guest Expert – Ceipal: Welcome to the new frontier of talent acquisition.
Ceipal is a pathbreaking total talent acquisition platform that delivers unparalleled strategic insight into the comprehensive talent landscape. With AI-powered agility and expert human support, Ceipal is the guide that high-growth companies need to rapidly chart the all-important course to critical, quality talent.